daisies
Printer Friendly Version  Email A Friend  Add This  Increase Text Size  Decrease Text Size

Section Corner Remonumentation

 
survey crewman and backhoesurvey crewman
The U.S. General Land Office commenced the survey of the Douglas County area in 1857 and completed the final subdivision of the last of the 20 townships in 1871. During this period, the 2,800 Public Land Survey Corners, which are the basis of all land ownership in the county, were established. It is the primary duty of the Survey Division staff to recover, preserve and maintain the location of those corners for the benefit of all property owners in the county.