farm site in summer
Printer Friendly Version  Email A Friend  Add This  Increase Text Size  Decrease Text Size

Park History

WHAT IS THE PARK'S STORY:

Lake Brophy Park was originally constructed as a wayside rest on U.S. Highway 52. When the highway was turned back to the local road authority, the park came along with it.

Two examples of fine cut stone craftsmanship remain in the park, leftovers from the depression era work programs of the 1930's and 40's. In 1988, a group of homeowners living near the the lake organized an improvement project. Playground equipment, permanent tables, and a picnic shelter were installed. Other service projects have been carried out by Eagle Scout candidates and community service groups. A renovation of the park playground will be completed in the spring of 2002.

Volunteers at Lake Brophy Park - click on the picture to see a larger view and use your browser's Back button to return

The park is a little under 6 acres with 1200 feet of pristine shoreline on a fine fishing lake. A popular spot for summer afternoon picnics, Lake Brophy Park's shelter can accommodate groups of about 25 people nicely.